Avoid the back-to-work bluesI Love / The Edit categories: I Love The Edit
Most of us have used up all of our holiday leave for a while and the work year seems to be back in full swing.
For those of us who may need some extra motivation to get their work mojo back on, a wardrobe update can help! (Um hello, when does a wardrobe update not help?!).
Here are my quick tips:
1. Choosing sophisticated pieces for the office is crucial. I always look for quality fabrics and cuts which won’t go out of fashion too quickly.
2. In the shoe department, I do like to add a bit of extra height with a good heel. I opt for neutral heels which will work with multiple pieces.
3. When I’m selecting new pieces, I make sure I pick comfortable fabrics and cuts which fit my body. A busy day at work will seem a lot longer if you are uncomfortable.
4. Investment is key. This doesn’t mean you need to spend a fortune but planning and thinking about which pieces will be added to your wardrobe is so important. Don’t frustrate yourself by having a mismatch of random tops and no skirts to match. Take your favourite pieces shopping or have them in mind when you are browsing online.
5. Pick something you actually like! You don’t need to wear boring things just because it is work. Walking through the city I love to be inspired by the amazing outfits worn by women. Inject a little flair! Even these flats are fun (perfect for walking to and from the bus/ferry/train).